Sunday, July 15, 2012

the lemonade stand

Not too much to report from the last week.  As far as the house goes, we are still negotiating on the furnace (it's old so we told them replace it or we are walking away, but we are pretty confident they'll do it), but should get that settled tomorrow and then the house will be ours and the rest will be up to the underwriters to get the loan taken care of. 
On Tuesday I took the boys to that Tumbling Tykes place and it is fabulous.  I bought a yearly membership so we can go once or twice a week.  On Thursday I went again and invited the lady from the branch (who also just moved from WA) to come along and bring her son.  The boys had a blast.  Friday night we had them over for pizza, I know you all should be so proud of us for actually socializing and making friends. 

Saturday we wanted to take the boys to the park again and this time get some pictures of them playing, but Saturday didn't work out exactly how we planned.  We got woke up at 6am by construction work and Sam got woke up at 6:20 by the fire alarm going off repeatedly (due to the construction).  The boys took long naps, I took a nap, we spent a lot of the day in bed watching Smallville, lol.  Once we finally got up and going we did actually try to take the boys to the park but it was just too dang hot, so we went back home and took them swimming instead.  We went in the outdoor pool this time, and it was amazing, so much more fun than the indoor pool.  I can't wait to do it again next weekend. 

I do hope we don't have too much trouble with the construction over the next month while we are still here.  I know it won't always be as loud and they may not always start as early, and of course not setting off the fire alarm is huge, so I think it may be ok.  If not, I have some possible solutions up my sleeve, so we'll see.  I was pretty mad about it on Saturday! 

Today we broke down and moved Sam's bed into our room because Noah just makes too much  noise in the last couple hours of his sleep and he always wakes Sam up too early.  Hopefully with Sam in our room he will stop waking up way too early. 

Today was day 19 of the 30 day shred.  I weighed on Saturday and I am down 10 pounds.  I am not losing it as fast as I feel like I should be considering just how good I've been with my diet and exercise, but at least I'm losing I guess.  Jason weighs on Mondays so the verdict is still out for him.

Well I didn't get any pictures of the boys this week, but I did finally finish editing the lemonade stand session I did with them and the other Tirrell grandkids a couple months ago, so I will post some of those here for your enjoyment :)









1 comment: